Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Best Yes. (At least for today.)

I am reading The Best Yes, by Lysa TerKeurst.  I just started it yesterday.  One of my closets friends, C, and I are reading it together over the summer.  Honestly, we both checked it out from our local library and I am sure we will have to renew it as many times as they allow.  She has 3 girls and with my 2 boys and summer, we will push each other through it.  It is a good read, so far.  However, it is not easy to be called out in the first chapter about how over committed I am  and how I allow others to dictate my schedule. Stink!!!! Which I do more than I should. Anyway, I digress.
The plan for today was for the boys and I to make our way to the city to the Botanical Garden.  We have never been and it seemed like a fun outing.  It was for the 1st hour until I pushed my 9 year old past the allowable time with no sustenance.  He waited patiently in the air conditioning for his food and was in much better spirits afterwards.  It was a beautiful day. Not to hot or cold, just perfect! However, at points, I could not see past what was going on right in front of me.  The complaining 9 year old about walking to much, the boys arguing, etc.  After lunch, everyone was in better spirits and I made the decision that today was My Best Yes. Being with my boys on a beautiful day outside was the best decision I made for plans for today.  Nothing else!!!
That is not easy for my very Type A personality that knew there were so many things to do at home before having houseguests this weekend. Dusting, vacuuming, etc.  However, I did it! I stuck to it and as I sit here tonight with 1 in bed and 1 watching the Cardinal game with J, I am thrilled that I did it.  Small Steps!
Tomorrow, I will get up early, go to work for around 4 hours and clean up my house. However, for today, I made a small step.

No comments: