Saturday, June 4, 2016

Our Youngest's 9th Birthday! (And my heart melting)

     Our day began with the birthday boy up early!! (That is very usual for our boys:)
Birthday Cake Pancakes for breakfast and we will soon head to the movies and dinner to celebrate. My baby is 9. He is growing into his own person with a strong will and attitude.  (You know, the kind that will make him a preacher.)

     During the morning hours, I received a phone call from my "niece". She had not been prompted to call, but did so on her own. She called to wish JK a happy birthday, by singing. The best part of the conversation was at the end when I told her I loved her and she said, "Love you too, Aunt H."
How can such simple words touch my heart so? Was it her sweet girl voice in the midst of my house full of boys? Was it the sincerity of her tone? Or was it simply that she wanted me to know that she loved me?  All I know is that it made my heart warm! C, I look forward to hugging your sweet self in the next month and taking selfies. 

No comments: